The innovative spectacle lens enabling
MyoVision™ is a ZEISS single vision lens design with the innovative “Peripheral Vision Management” technology. It has been invented and designed in collaboration with Vision CRC and marketed exclusively by ZEISS. MyoVision™ by ZEISS was developed following research that demonstrates the link between peripheral retinal image blur and myopia progression. MyoVision™ has been designed to provide sharp foveal vision while managing peripheral imaging through a unique and novel lens design.
A 12-month wearer efficacy trial amongst 210 Chinese school children resulted in a reduction in the progression of myopia by an average of 30% in a subgroup of 19 younger children (6 to 12 years old) with at least one myopic parent.*
This is statistically significant.
The benefits for the wearer
- Deliver clear and sharply focused vision
- Initial research indicates an effect of sending a signal to the eye to reduce the progression of eye elongation
- Offer good comfort through thin and light lenses
- Provides excellent adaptability, cosmetic advantages and wearability
* Clinical trials of 210 Chinese children between the ages of 6 and 16 years old over a period of 12 month. 50 children wearing MyoVision™ lenses and 50 children standard single vision lenses. Result is achieved in a subgroup (19 children out of 50 wearing MyoVision™ lenses) between the ages of 6 to 12 years old and with at least one myopic parent. Sankaridurg et al, Optometry and Vision Science, Vol 87, No. 9, September 2012; pp631-641.